Thursday, September 27, 2007

Summertime Wrap-up


I guess it's officially fall now. Our weather has turned crisp in the mornings (35-40 degrees) but warms up nicely to the 70's. I wish it would stay like that for a long time...

We had a nice summer. Pretty uneventful, really. I started working in March and the new hospital opened the end of April, so I worked my two days a week. I like what I'm doing very much--outpatient surgery. I get patients ready for surgery and recover them and send them home afterwards, so i see lots of knee and shoulder scopes, gyn surgeries, appys and the like.

Doug's been busy with his job, which he's very happy with, too. Likes who he works with and what he's doing. He ran a work off-site conference in San Diego. It was a huge success. People enjoyed themselves and got a lot out of the training. I was able to go with him for the weekend prior to the conference, which was a nice getaway in the name of our TENTH (gasp!) anniversary. Yes, Doug has put up with me for over 10 years now.

The boys had a nice, mellow summer. Playdates and barbecues. They spend the two days that I work with a friend down the street who has a 2- and 4-year old, so they have a blast. Keegen very quickly learned "NO!" and "MIIIIIIINE!" no doubt learning quickly to defend himself. The 4-year old, Zeke, is Bode's "best friend" so it's nice for me to be able to drop them off at a place where they are so happy.

The boys and I went to my parents' house in Virginia for a week in August and spent time visiting friends in Maryland. Per tradition, we saved our vacation for the end of summer and our annual beach trip to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I crave this trip all year long. It's such a relaxing place to be. The Outer Banks are still sort of left alone and non-commercialized. There's still a lot of open space, a wild horse preserve and parts of the beach that are only accessible by 4x4 (we miss our Jeep very much!). Erin and her family went with us and the kids had a blast from sun-up to sundown. Just click on the pictures in the sidebar and it will take you to our photo album on Flickr.

No comments: